Friday 9 December 2011

Prost or Prozac?

Frietag

So here I am in south Bavaria where I'll be based for the next two months. I haven't had culture shock like it since Manchester.

I've been put in a decent apartment and guess what, I can see the Alps from my kitchen window. Specifically Zugspitz and Wank mountain (yes really) This morning it was covered in white stuff. I'll probably head up there on Saturday for a stiff walk.

I met my neighbour across the landing shortly after I arrived. I'd just pulled up outside and was starting to unload my shit when he parked across the back of my car and marched towards the front door. I lit up his world with my best smile and said hello. He pointed at my car and said "das ist mein park platz" the sour git.

In between managing to remember to bring all my bike stuff, work stuff, computer stuff and leisure stuff, I forgot to pack any socks or undercrackers, so I went to the supermarkt last night to buy some. The checkout girl was a chunky goth wearing a sweatshirt which said "Drink!, Fuck!, Fight!" Quite a lot of 1 and 3 by the looks of her, not so sure about the no.2... More later.

4 comments:

  1. Are you on your own?

    What about Christmas?

    Hope it works out for you!

    SF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful walking through the white stuff on wank mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially if thats where the goths go to live out their mottos

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I can see the Alps from my kitchen window."

    Smug git.

    Good start :)

    ReplyDelete